First blog post for a brand new series and website! I've wanted to work up a project like this for a while, but logistics have always been a problem. Suddenly, in early August 2012, a client mentioned a website called fiverr.com. A writing friend mentioned a truly easy website builder called Weebley. Suddenly, I had access to musicians, artists and narrators and a website I could build without my late lamented FrontPage.
I thought out a quest fantasy story with a young protagonist and hired an artist to draw my concept. Next, I decided it would be good to have an audio book version, so I contacted a narrator. At that point I planned to write a ms of about 2,500 words. 11,500 words later... I'm back in touch with the narrator asking for a prologue/first chapter. As the project grew, I developed more characters and had them drawn. I wanted a slightly unusual piece of dance music to put on the website - enter a composer who produced Clovie's Theme. The manuscript was finished on August 19th, at about the same time I signed up with Weebley and purchased a domain name with free hosting. The first check came when I realised I hadn't done enough research; Weebley certainly had audio-file capability but not with the free website deal. Not wanting to waste my music and audio-sample-to-be, I signed up for the pro option. This brings me to where I am right now.
When the remaining pictures are done, the narration is ready and the cover refined we'll be ready to go to print roughly six weeks after the first concept.